Thursday, March 7, 2013

Graphic 45 Altered Box

 Altered Box

With Graphic 45 Curtain Call

This is my first Altered Box. I had to use the few sheets of Graphic 45 Curtain Call sheets I had picked up at clearance at my local craft store ( I missed the paper pack) I had gotten a small round paper mache box at the craft store and painted it with black acrylic paint. When that dried I painted it with Black Stiletto Glimmer Glam, now I don't know how many of you used glimmer glam from Tattered Angels before but I love that stuff, it adds a real black color but with tiny specks of glitter and a great shine its one of my must have products.



.
After the paint dried I cutout the lovely woman's face using the Spellbinders Scalloped Circles Die and one larger circle for the background of the woman. I also used the Peacock paper for the final bottom piece that circled the entire top lid.

Next I made my own embellishment using a handmade paper flower and some tulle, I also used a handmade stick pin which are fun to make using corsage pins!. I cut out some of the postage sized images and glued them on the sides of the box. I added Flim Strip by Tim Holtz and a metal key from K & Company to finish it off.


I really enjoyed doing this box and have since bought a few more boxed to decorate so stay tuned for more Altered boxes coming soon lol.


 

Products used in this box are
Paper Mache Box


No comments:

Post a Comment