Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Part Two Altered Box Handmade Tissue Paper Tutorial

Part 2 of Hand Stamped Tissue Paper Tutorial

I have to say I completely forgot to post the 2nd half of my tutorial on how to alter a box using homemade tissue paper. Better late then never everyone says but never really means lol, so here are the final pictures and directions for the tutorial.

I just took a cheap frame from Michael's and added some of my tissue paper with some decoupage glue and pressed down to make sure I got the entire top. Don't you just love how you see the ink but not the paper? I chose one of my favorite images to fit in the frame which I have in my Etsy shop at Wotdoin. I love the two girls in the photo, I always wonder who or what they are looking at.



laughngypsy tissue paper frame blog post 

laughngypsy vintage photo 1920s young ladies photograph altered art box


Next I took some lace I had from other projects and sprayed it with Vintage Pink Glitter Spray, I love that color!

laughngyspy

laughngypsy




Then I just added and subtracted items until I got the look I wanted. I used a lot of Paper flowers from iamroses for the corners, tim holts key hole for the bottom left corner with some seam binding and of course bling, bling, bling.

This is the final result

laughngypsy crinoline butterfly altere art mixed media
Crinoline Butterfly by me & Flowers by iamroses





mixed media art by laughngypsy
Petaloo Flower




laughngypsy
iamroses and cheese cloth




altered box by laughngypsy
iamroses gardenia and a petaloo small flower




altered trinket box by laughngypsy
The Altered Box Top Cover




Top inside of box with Graphic 45 Papers


trinket box with graphic 45 papers laughngypsy
Inside Trinket Box with Graphic 45
So there you have it, the finally finished tutorial! I hope you enjoyed it. My next post will be making the cute little Crinoline Butterflies next to the little flower on the box.
Thanks for checking out my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment