Monday, August 31, 2015

Repurposed 1970s Occasional Table Shabby Chic Style with Patisserie Stencils

I got an old fashioned 70's type brown occasional table ugh! Since I was a kid in the 70s I am not so keen on reliving the furniture style of the times with shag carpet and avocado green appliances no thank you! When I see a nice piece like this one I hear it in my mind saying SAVE ME!

Here is the before image, pretty basic right? I picked this up for a few bucks at my local thrift shop. I love the curved top and the legs were very sturdy. I decided to paint it shabby chic white, distress it and add some French transfers.

Well after I added the white homemade chalk paint and sanded it I was happy with the outcome. What do you think?



I love the deco art French stencils, though I have to admit I seem to always lift the stencil and get some paint underneath. No problem though I just sand it a little bit and it finished up quite nicely.

I have a few more items I am working on like this ugly dresser

Well that's all that is happening in my neck of the woods, how is your creative projects coming along?




No comments:

Post a Comment